Here’s Lizzie, our Christmas kitten. She has always loved Christmas. She likes to lay under the tree when the lights are on. When she is younger she used to climb up into the tree and so we had to perform a “Catectomy” pulling out of the tree.
And Kodi the Pomeranian. He loves to play.
He loves my wife. This is what he does when she leaves the house for any reason.
I didn’t have any new critter pics this week and was about to check out the archives when Lizzie the cat jumped up on the coffee table and said what about me? So I took her photo. So she is my Saturday Critter this week since it is Caturday, right?
Here’s our one year old pomeranian, Kodi. He was kind of shaggy so he went to the groomer today and he got all trimmed up and got a special Thanksgiving tie to boot. He tore it off very quickly but we got a photo of him.
Here he is in the back yard. He loves picking up acorns and bringing them inside to trade for a treat.
And a black and white cat who shows up when it is dark.
And sometimes in broad daylight.
And a first sighting for this light colored cat.
And of course squirrels. We are inundated with them.
I went hiking on Turkey Mountain earlier this week. I encountered, several times, a family of three or four deer. This was the best photo I got. Lots of trees made focusing difficult. I love seeing deer in the woods.
And I saw this butterfly. Google tells me that it is a Red Admiral.
And I was walking along and I heard a woodpecker up in the trees. I looked and looked and saw this one but he wouldn’t stay still very long. Sorry for the grainy cropped shot.
And here is our Pomeranian Kodi. He’s cute as all get out and likes me 95% of the time but watch out for the other 5%.
I woke Lizzy the cat up from a nap the other day. She was not amused.
And I captured the image of this little bunny in our backyard early Friday morning. We have a lot of hawks in the neighborhood and they feast on little bunnies.
Kodi loves going places so we took him on a hike at Ray Harrall Nature center. He did two miles and never slowed down. His little feet were moving fast.
I went on a bike ride the other day on Tulsa’s RiverParks trails. I generally like to take one of my better cameras on the rides in hopes of capturing some critters.
I saw a great blue heron and took a photo through the vegetation along the shoreline.
Later on, on I came across this rookery of American White Pelicans on a sandbar out on the river.
There were a bunch of them and they were very skittish as I walked around trying to get a photo through the trees and brush so I didn’t try and work my way to the riverbank to get better photos. I figured they would all split if I tried that.
So I moved back and forth trying to see what I could do. These are not too bad.
They always seem to be on the wrong side of the river from me but this time they were right by me.
Here is a photo of me from my go pro clone camera on my bike. I guess I could have tried to not be so bright and yellow.
And by the way, I saw more evidence of beavers along the river.
And now on the home front. This is Lizzie the Kitten. She is no longer a kitten but she is still very sweet.
And earlier this week it was National Puppy Day. I celebrated by chasing our Pomeranian puppy Kodi around the house with a broom. He and I both had fun. Please don’t think less of me.
I wore the little guy out. He kind of hops around now when I get the broom out wanting to play some more.
Here is Lizzie doing what she does best, napping. She was impatient with us as we put a Christmas quilt on the bed. We were delaying her nap. You can tell she is kind of grumpy about it.
I vacuumed the house yesterday. When I found cat toys underneath furniture I’d vacuum off the dust bunny’s and put them in this tray. She always like to see her toys again. But then she loses them. She’s napping here using a coaster for a pillow. Our vet told us she needed to go on a diet. Only two scoops of kibble per day. She thinks I need to use a bigger scoop.
Here’s LJ chilling. He’s happy, the vet said he could have all the food he wants. He’s kind of old and has kidney problems and he’s loving his new food. He has a lot more energy now.
Here’s LJ with a Hipstamatic Filter. I filters of all types. I unashamedly and unembarrassingly use a lot of them.
And LJ, Lizzies elderly brother. We are temporarily without dogs but we are getting one mid December. Son Logan said that we need to “restore the natural order of things.” He thinks the cats are getting way to comfortable without a dog to keep them in line.